Friday, August 21, 2009

Doctors in the making

I told the kids that recently I took care of a man in the ER that had a live bee stuck in his ear, I asked them how they would take care of this situation.

Sam: "I would just cut off his ear and the bee would fly out all on its own."

Emma: "I would take a stick with honey on one end and put it near the ear so the bee would fly out to eat the honey."

Sam: " I would take really, really sharp scissors and poke the bee and kill it."

Emma: " I would blow really hard into his ear and make the bee come out."

I guess that is the difference between girls and boys? I'm pretty sure that I would want emma to be my doctor, though...(for those of you that are curious, I irrigated the ear with a saline until the bee floated out)

No comments: