



A new phase in our lives I'd like to call "after the au pair"...
So we decided that we needed an extra set of hands all the time and an occasional babysitter, that we still would be home with the kids for the most part. After a lengthy process we welcomed Yoly into our home last week. She is 24 years old, the oldest of 5 children, studying language in Columbia and wanting a new experience and to sharpen her English. She is perfect for us! Wonderful and sweet with the kids, in love with the baby, honest and respectful and really a pleasure to have in our home. We have invited her to become part of our family for a year to ease the burden a bit (she helps with daily chores, kids meals/laundry/lunch packing) and to help us enjoy the chaos of these young years. She holds the baby and bathes him, while I take Emma and Sam to the food store, she plays with Emma and Sam outside while I make dinner and take care of Logan. It is an amazing experience, both culturally and personally. I am starting to think in Spanish and I think her English has significantly improved.
Some of the few funny comments so far from the kids:
Emma: "yoly, how do you say brother in chinese?"
At the food store, I had emma and sam in one cart and Yoly had Logan in the other and we were looking for her. Emma asked a stranger, "Have you seen our Yoly?" The woman, "What's a Yoly?"
1 comment:
Gosh, she looks like she could be one of your kids or your sister.. she fits right in! Can't wait to meet her. Glad all is well.. miss you and cannot wait to catch up with you!
Where are you gusy in the first picture? It looks cool...
love you~
Post a Comment